Friday 2 August 2013

Lime and White Chocolate Cookies

I have never had much luck baking cookies. My poor brother still bares the scares from my attempt at peanut butter cookies. That particular experience was enough to put me off baking them for a very long time. Recently however, I had the urge to take on the cookie challenge once again. To avoid any further cookie casualties, this time I made sure my brother was nowhere near the kitchen. To my delight the cookies turned out perfectly, without any mishaps. They are a real treat and the addition of lime prevents the cookie from being too sweet, whilst retaining that important yummy soft chewy texture. I recommend giving them a whirl. Definitely worth while. 






















Makes around 12 cookies. 

Ingredients:

113g melted unsalted butter
 
85g caster sugar 

75g light brown sugar 

1 egg 

1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 tsp lime juice 

1/2 tbsp lime zest 

133g plain flour
 
1/2 tsp baking soda
 
1/8 tsp baking powder 

 pinch of salt 

150g white chocolate bar (broken into squares). 

Method: 

1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees and line 2 baking trays with grease proof paper. 

2. Whisk together the sugar and butter until combined then add the egg and continue whisking until its all mixed together. 

3. Then add the flour and fold until combined. At this point add the baking soda and powder along with the vanilla extract. 

4. Once this has been combined add the lime juice and lime zest again folding it all in. 

5. At this point add a pinch of salt and the broken squares of the white chocolate. 

6. Divide the mixture into small balls, about an inch thick (I used an ice-cream scoop) and place them around 2 inches apart on the tray. 

7. Bake for 10-15mins until the rim of the cookie is golden and the centre is just set. Leave on the tray to cool and transfer to a rack after 10minutes. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment